" I WILL NOT TAKE PRIDE IN BEING NEEDED BY PEOPLE BUT IN BEING WANTED BY GOD"

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

In the craft mood

I LOVE making crafts for family and friends. For Christmas we have made the best little place mats.
We used brown paper bags and cut them to make the mat. Then we got Ginger Bread boy and girl print outs.
http://www.first-school.ws/t/pattern/gingerbreadb.htm
http://www.first-school.ws/t/pattern/gingerbreadg1.htm

Then we cut them out on this cute christmas fabric. We made a girl and a boy for each place mat. We glued the ginger boy on half way then we stuffed him with cotton to make him puff up. We did the same for the girl. Then we glued on eyes and a smile and buttons. Then we made a cute little border out of the left over fabric.

We made them for my mother- in-law. She loved them and has them on her table now. We will start tomorrow on my mother's. I think instead of ginger bread men we are going to do Christmas trees for her. I can't wait. Give it a try and bless someone with a homemade gift of love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute craft!

slow down and just be

slow down and just be