" I WILL NOT TAKE PRIDE IN BEING NEEDED BY PEOPLE BUT IN BEING WANTED BY GOD"

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Becoming A Student of His Word

For the mouth of January I am studying the book of 1 Thessalonians. I very excited about digging deeper into this great letter penned by Paul. I would love for you guys to join me in this venture. There are five chapters in this book, so on one week we will do two chapters.

This study will be a great place for us to share what we feel God is saying to us about this letter at this time in our lives. Each of us is in a different place and it is amazing how God can use his Word to speak life in each situation. What you learn and post could be a major blessing and encouragement to another sister.

Questions to consider:
1. How does this passage apply in the original culture and context? Consider the author, the recipient and the circumstances surrounding them.
2. How does this passage apply in today's culture and context?
3. How does this passage apply to my personal life?

2 comments:

6 Happy Hearts said...

Hey there! I am interested in particpating as I am in between studies right now. We have also just committed to homeschooling so this may just be a divine appointment ; )
Thanks for the invite. I am looking forward to seeing what God has planned!

Eric Foster-Whiddon said...

Looking forward to some good study, girl! Thanks for opening it up to the fellas :)

slow down and just be

slow down and just be