" I WILL NOT TAKE PRIDE IN BEING NEEDED BY PEOPLE BUT IN BEING WANTED BY GOD"

Friday, January 18, 2008

See That the Lord is Good



It has been raining off and on here for a couple of days. The rain is welcomed but when you need new windshield wipers it becomes a slight problem. It is just like God to use a rainy day and some windshield wipers to teach me a lesson on faith. So here is how the story goes...

I was on my merry way to the church with my attitude on. The kids are fighting in the back seat and the windshield wipers are making this sound that is about to make me stop the car and pull them off! I thought, "Before I take drastic measures I should just turn them down a notch and see what happens." So instead of the wipers being on super-warp-speed they were on the speed where they swoosh across then they stop for a minute and then do it again. It was raining hard and I thought the darned old windshield wiper was NEVER going to swoosh across again. In that moment God spoke this to my heart...

"There are times in life when it is hard to see what I (God) am doing. There are times that things seem to be too much for you, but even when you can't see, I AM here."

God has always come through for me but just like I thought the wipers were taking too long to clear the windshield, sometimes I think, "God, are you going to help me out here?" Just before things get to the point that I can't see any hope, God comes in and clears things up. He never puts too much on us and He is always present. So when your windshield is covered in rain just hold on and trust... God is going to show up!

1 comment:

High Calling Blogs said...

This is Gordon Atkinson, aka Real Live Preacher. Welcome to the High Calling blog network. I'm looking forward to stopping by to read your work.

peace,

g

slow down and just be

slow down and just be