" I WILL NOT TAKE PRIDE IN BEING NEEDED BY PEOPLE BUT IN BEING WANTED BY GOD"

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Beautiful Job of Praying for your Children

So today has been a long day of teaching school, fixing meals, cleaning up messes and stopping fights. Just a normal day in the Foster-Whiddon house. As a stay-at-home mom I sometimes get so annoyed with the normal stuff. Where is the spice and the adventure? Is life just going to be this normal and mundane forever? Well, I guess it will be if I wake up every day speaking these thought over myself. My day is what I make it and today I want to make it beautiful and make it count.

God has given me a very important job. Today that job is to war in prayer for my family. I may not see the difference my small prayers today are making but one day I will. Every prayer I pray today for my children and husband is paving the way for their tomorrow. So today I do not want to look at my day as just being a slave to the little people in my life, but I want today to be a day of calling forth the things of God in my children. This is the day I get to team up with God and make life happen for these wonderful people in my life.

Help me God to see the beauty of who you are in my children today.

A prayer for your children today from Psalm 1...

Blessed are my children
They do not walk in the counsel of the wicked
they do not stand around with sinners or
sit in the seat of mockers.

But my children delight in the law of the Lord and on His
law my children meditate day and night.

My children are like trees planted by streams of water
that bear fruit. Their leaves will not fade away and
in whatever my children do they will prosper.

Not so the wicked.
They are like the chaff which the wind drives away.

Therefore the wicked shall not stand in judgment
nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.

For the Lord watches over my children
but the way of the wicked will perish.

2 comments:

Trevino Family said...

Hello,
I met you today at Church, my email address is RT34755@windstream.net
Brandi

Payge said...

Vanessa,
I love this Psalm. We memorized it as family last year. Oh the value of writing God's word on our hearts. So many times that verse has come to my mind to meditate and ponder on. Thanks for reminding me of it today. It pays to remind ourselves of the eternal value of being home with our children and praying over them and speaking truth into their lives. What an awesome opportunity. Be Blessed, Payge Ladson

slow down and just be

slow down and just be