" I WILL NOT TAKE PRIDE IN BEING NEEDED BY PEOPLE BUT IN BEING WANTED BY GOD"

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Love

Last Sunday the family went to see the movie Fireproof (minus Holton, he had a grandparent day). We had a great time! The movie had me crying in the first five minutes and I did not stop till it was over. This is truly a movie that should be watched at home so you can do the "ugly cry" and not feel bad about it.

Off and on this past week I have thought about the movie and I have thought about my husband. I have thought about how good he is to me. No, he does not get it right every time and there are times we have to push through tough things, but most of the time there is such a peace in our relationship. The thing is I don't think about the blessing of that peace till the hard times come. I tend to take for granted a husband that helps to cook and clean; a husband that will let me call him more than a hundred times a day when I have nothing to say; a husband that makes time to play with our children; a husband that makes time to go to the doctor with his pregnant wife; a husband that does not fuss about much... he just helps. Not only does he help, he shows me love. Today I am choosing to see the love my husband has for me and our family. Today I am choosing to praise God for the peace and unity in my marriage on a daily basis. The enemy is all too quick to make things look worse in the hard times and not good enough when things are going good. My marriage is one of the greatest gifts God has given me and I believe that in the ordinary day God is showing me His extraordinary love through my husband. I choose to see that. I choose to see that the love that my husband and my God have for me is the greatest thing ever.

(Thank you Father and thank you Eric!)

"Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like blazing fire, like a mighty flame." Song of Solomon 8:6

1 comment:

Carrie David said...

We truly are blessed aren't we? You and Eric's relationship does inspire and encourage. I'm so glad our husbands are friends and they do encourage each other to be good to their wives. And they are very good to their wives. Praise be to God!

slow down and just be

slow down and just be