" I WILL NOT TAKE PRIDE IN BEING NEEDED BY PEOPLE BUT IN BEING WANTED BY GOD"

Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Perfect Storm - Part 1




WARNING this blog will have whining in it. If you are not in the mood to hear my pity party please feel free to skip this post!

So in the last two weeks the Foster-Whiddon household has been through an ordeal. It all started with Karis' birth. I was a scheduled c-section. Things were going good. The IV went in with no trouble. (Which never happens!) The cursed catheter did not have to go in till I had the wonderful epidural. Wonderful... at least I thought it was. Well, the man that was putting it in was having a bit of a hard time on this particular day. It was taking too long to do and hurting a little too badly. Finally my leg went numb. Finally! So we mozied on and here came Karis. She was great! Really hairy but great. She was then wisked away by the ladies in the green clothes. I was taken to a nice room with lots of warm blankets, a machine that blowed warm air and lots of other machines that beeped. Before I knew it I was in a room but there was no Karis. I am very eager to hold and feed my baby. Eric informs me that she has fluid in her lungs. This leads to her having to be on oxygen and stay in the hospital longer than planned. So of course I am very hormonal and I am missing my other three babies badly. So somewhere around day two I get the worst headache. Come to find out it came from my wonderful epidural friend.

Well that is enough whining today. Come back in a few days to hear about a blood patch and one bad scream.

1 comment:

Carrie David said...

Girl, YOu are my hero. May God bless you guys with some very UNeventful (or only pleasant events) days for a little while. We love you guys!

slow down and just be

slow down and just be