" I WILL NOT TAKE PRIDE IN BEING NEEDED BY PEOPLE BUT IN BEING WANTED BY GOD"

Sunday, September 21, 2008

"What We Do Tomorrow?"

"Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."
~ 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18


So here comes a new week, a week of new challenges and a week of new joys. I have a whole list of "to-dos" and things I want to accomplish. As we put my three-year-old down for bed tonight she asks the same question she asks every night... "What we do tomorrow?" She is most definitely a kid that likes to know what is going to take place; she likes to have something to look forward to. Most of the time my reply is "We are going to do school, play outside, eat lunch and maybe we will paint." (She loves to paint.) She smiles her sweet smile and acts as if I have just planned the best day ever... just for her. With great joy and excitement she says "Goodnight!"

So tonight as I think of the list of things I will be doing tomorrow I want to stop and ask myself, "What is going to make my family feel the most fulfilled at the end of the day?" Is it going to be having the whole house cleaned? Or is it going to be having all our school work done? No fight, no messes and every kid playing nicely? The truth is most days don't go like this at all. A lot of times at the end of the day I wonder, "God did you call me to do all these things? Because it does not seem like I can get it all just right."

As I read this verse tonight I see more clearly what God is calling me to do tomorrow. It is as if I am laying down to sleep and I am asking my Father "What we do tomorrow?" and He says back to me, "We are going to rejoice for this is a new day that I have made for you. We are going to be in conversation all day. Anything you need, just talk to me. And tomorrow, Vanessa, in everything give me thanks. Give me thanks for the small things, for the big things, for the bad things and the good things. This is my will for you tomorrow. This is my plan for you. Walk in it and it will be a perfect day." I look up to my Father with great joy and excitement and say, "Goodnight!"

This is indeed a new week to walk in freedom by remaining close to our Father.

1 comment:

Our Home said...

What a wonderful picture you painted of us with our "daddy" God! I love that verse. Love ya, Lela

slow down and just be

slow down and just be