" I WILL NOT TAKE PRIDE IN BEING NEEDED BY PEOPLE BUT IN BEING WANTED BY GOD"

Thursday, December 13, 2007

God Open My Heart


Christmas is well on its way. Ginger bread train is almost finished. Gifts are being bought. Almost time for dad to be off work. Soon the movie watching will bring. Then it will be time to go to house to house to be with family and friend. This is such a joyful time of the year for my family. We love building memories for our children.
There has been one thing that we have done different this year and that is celebrate Advent in our home. Each year we would observe the lighting of the Advent candle on Sunday morning at church, but this year we are observe Advent every night in our home.
Every night we gather up where the tree is to light our candle, read the bible, pray, and talk about the joy of Jesus being born for us. This has really meant alot to me. I feel God opening my heart more. I am moved more by His Word and His Holy presence seems so close that it almost takes my breath away. It in these moments that I forget about "I" and i am so focus on HIM.
I do believe the enemy uses this time of the year to pull those that love Jesus further from Him. He (the enemy) sees it as an opportunity to convinces us to do more and buy more leaving little or no time for The One that truly matters.
So I thank God for moving on my heart through my blogger friends to celebrate Advent in the home this year. I thank God for what He is doing in my heart. I am so moved by the fact that He the King of King wants to be close to me. Oh, how i am moved.
I would encourage you to make sure that you are pulling your heart closer to His this season. Trust me you will be so blessed. It is well Worth the time and effort. His presence is so sweet. Just like the sight of a new born baby can take your breathe away and bring a smile to your face. That is how his presence has come to me.
Thank you Jesus for coming as a baby and walking through this world so you could know the hardship I must endure. Most of all thank you for enduring the cross for me. I bring a thankful heart to you tonight.

No comments:

slow down and just be

slow down and just be